Thursday, January 17, 2013

DJango Unchained Review


Grade: A
Shoot em up Fun

First I have to say, I watched this movie and had a smile on my face from beginning to end. The movie is just fun! Creative and ingenious from one of the most daring and unconventional directors... maybe ever. The soundtrack is fun, the cinematography is brilliant. I have to say this is my favorite Tarantino film since Pulp Fiction. I loved Inglorious Bastards, but this is better. The performances in this film are A+++. 
I can't say who is better. Leonardo DiCaprio was born to play a Respectable Southern man. He is just flat out brilliant!!! I can't believe he didn't get an Academy Award Nomination for Supporting Actor. Christopher Waltz is so ridiculously funny with every line he delivers it should be illegal. I am happy he scored another nomination for Supporting Actor. Samuel Jackson's performance is way overlooked because of everything else going on in the film. 

Jamie Foxx plays the slave turned bounty hunter (Django), thanks to Christopher Waltz's character who frees him from bondage. 

After the first act of bounty hunting, the film turns to them both going after Django's wife who is a slave at DiCaprio's plantation. Foxx and Waltz devise a scheme to fool DiCaprio so that they can legally buy her freedom. All I can say is things go south so to speak, and all hell breaks loose. 

Best Picture Nominee and most deservingly so. The script is fresh, raw, and off the radar. I wanted the movie to continue when it was finally over. The dialogue is very intense at times, and it keeps you reeled into the screen. Tarantino just creates these vivid characters through his scripts. He is an actors dream come true. I highly recommend this film to anyone and everyone... as long as you can deal with over the top blood gushing gunshots and violence. 
This is the caviar of Popcorn films. 

-Jason Traylor
-Editor@SS77

No comments: