Saturday, January 5, 2013

Top 20 Western Blu-rays








Eastwood, Wayne, Costner, Cooper, and others. 

The best gunslinging bunch on blu-ray. 

Unfortunately for me there is no Jimmy Stewart blu's available yet. No Winchester 73, Bend of the River, The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, and my favorite western of all time... 
The Man from Laramie. 

I would have to say of this top 20 list, Unforgiven, Rio Bravo, and The Big Country are my favorites. 

I know I have The Man With No Name Trilogy and The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly both on the list. You can't get enough Eastwood. 

Dances with Wolves, High Noon, and True Grit (2010) sport the Best Picture Quality of the 20. 

Lonesome Dove was my Grandfathers favorite, and Hatfields & McCoys was a great recent miniseries. 

John Fords masterpiece Stagecoach suffered from a lot of defects. Criterion did a lot to restore this classic and to their credit the clarity and detail is very good. 
Stagecoach defined the Western and made it mainstream. 

Here are some fun Movie Posters 








sources: Warner Bros., Touchstone, Universal, Paramount, Lionsgate, & MGM