Thursday, January 3, 2013

This is 40 Film Review



Grade: C



I had trouble with this film in certain spots. 
I felt this was a little more of Judd Apatow's Funny People and less Knocked Up. It's hilarious in so many spots, but the seriousness an authenticity created in certain scenes takes away from the humor, I felt. It's written very well, and Leslie Mann and Paul Rudd play off of each other wonderfully. Almost a modern day Tracy and Hepburn. It's authenticity is it's downfall in my opinion. People go to the movies to escape real life sometimes, and this film hits the nail on the head for life of a 40 year old in today's society. Pacing was a little bit of a problem which might have contributed to this as well. The movie dragged on about 15 minutes too long.  The advertising was false in my opinion, this was more of a Dramatic Comedy, and I wasn't expecting that. 

Sources: Universal Studios