Thursday, January 10, 2013

Oscar Nominations 2013







The Nominations are in.... and.... the biggest snubs are 

SkyFall for Best Picture &
 Ben Affleck for Best Director of Argo. 

I had my hopes for SkyFall to be one of the 9, but deep down I knew the Academy wouldn't honor a Bond film in that way. 
I did not expect Ben Affleck to be snubbed on what should have been in our opinion here at SS77 a nomination and win for the Argo director. Wow!! Well, can't say I'm not surprised. 

John Goodman and Leonardo DiCaprio are among others I felt were snubbed. John Goodman should have landed a Supporting Actor Nom. for either Flight or Argo. DiCaprio shined in Django Unchained.. similar to how Denzel shined in Training Day. 

I am really hoping for an upset in the Best Actor category. I love Daniel Day Lewis, and I think his Lincoln performance was amazing. I just would like to see Bradley Cooper or Joaquin Phoenix win. 

Anyways, check out all the Oscar Nominations in the link up above. Be sure to join in on our Forum debate for worst snub. 

-Jason Traylor
@SS77

No comments: